Paige Smathers, RD on the intersection of addictions, eating disorders and body image, the cultural epidemic of fat phobia & stepping into your true value as a professional!
Here Paige shares:
- Her experience working in diverse fields as a Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist.
- Her involvement in the addiction recovery space and how she incorporated research, her practice and personal experiences to develop the fundamental ‘Substance Use Disorders’ Curriculum.
- The intersection between addictions and body image, eating disorders and disordered eating.
- The cultural epidemic of fat phobia and weight bias and how this impacts socially conscious groups.
- Raising awareness of eating disorder and disordered eating behaviours, attitudes and language; how to approach these conversations with clients and colleagues in order to seek neutrality through bridging the gap.
- The importance of providing space for compassion.
- How she teaches and acknowledges ‘change’ within her lessons.
- Mindfulness in the addictions field through learning to care for ourselves and sitting with pain.
- Acknowledging your worth as a professional in this paradigm.
More about Paige:
Paige Smathers is a Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist from Salt Lake City, Utah with incredible diversity in her professional work. She provides nutritional therapy for individuals in eating disorder recovery and for those struggling with chronic dieting within her private practice, Positive Nutrition. She also teaches multiple online courses and provides lessons to individuals within substance use treatment/recovery facilities in Utah. Paige has a wealth of knowledge in this area which has been acknowledgement through her development of the Positive Nutrition Substance Use Disorders Curriculum. In addition, Paige is a consultant, presenter and the host of the ‘Nutrition Matters’ podcast. On her spare days, you’ll find Paige partaking in many of the exciting mountain and outdoor activities on offer in this beautiful part of the world.