The Mindful Dietitian Interview Series - with Robyn Goldberg
Please join me as I chat with fellow Eating Disorder Dietitian, US-based Robyn Goldberg who has extensive experience working with people who struggle with some of the more complex relationships that can arise when we feel disconnected from our bodies. Here Robyn generously offers us a variety of ideas from her "toolbox" (with some fabulous analogies!) including:
- Insights into her work in addictions & what can help us understand about people's relationship with food and other substances
- What do we do if we're seeing someone who is also dealing with drug or alcohol addiction? What takes priority?
- How we can support people to move away from the pull of "instant gratification?"
- She asks "Are you walking your dog, or is your dog walking you?"
- How to tease apart the feeling of something "working"
- Developing a full toolbox so you don't need to keep going to the hardware store!
- Bringing self care to the dinner table, learning how to "dine with your body"
- Sending consistent messages to your client about the path to peace with food, eating and body - finding a great team!
- How we can support someone who has chronic & enduring Anorexia Nervosa
- How our work allows us to connect with body gratitude
- "Keeping our pencil sharpened" as a health professional
You can find Robyn here: