The Mindful Dietitian with Deb Blakley, APD
Spotlight on another Aussie doing amazing work! Deb is Brisbane-based Family Dietitian, Nutritionist and mum who is passionate about supporting grown-ups (parents, carers & early childhood educators) to positively & joyfully connect or reconnect with food & eating and share this with the children in their care.
In our conversation from her comfy couch with cups of tea in hand, we talk about:
- Why Deb calls herself a "Family Dietitian"
- Deb's personal insight into how and why she's ended up being so passionate about supporting parents and families
- The core principles of Feeding Dynamics
- How we can support parents who are struggling with their food and body issues without them feeling blamed or shamed.
- Deb's passion for helping all kids feel good in their bodies
- Why she is convinced that bringing a weight-neutral approach to our work is absolutely vital
And much more!
About Deb Blakley:
Deb is an Accredited Practising Dietitian & Accredited Nutritionist, recognised by the Dietitians Association of Australia. She is particularly passionate about supporting grown-ups (parents, carers & early childhood educators) to positively & joyfully connect or reconnect with food & eating and share this with the children in their care.
Deb believes that ALL bodies are amazing, and she applies a weight-neutral, non-diet approach in supporting kids to grow into the bodies that are right for them. Her approach supports parents, carers, families & educators to make decisions about nutrition and health from a place of care & consideration rather than control.
I believe in the right of every person to EAT HAPPY!
I believe that every child & every grown-up has the right to feel good about the body they live in, ALWAYS. Without question or condition.
I believe that every child is capable of growing up to be a competent and confident eater no matter what the nutrition challenge is.
I believe that every grown-up is capable of healing their relationship with food too!
I delight in helping families put the joy back into eating together.
Find Deb here: