Tracy Brown on attunement, somatic-based nutrition therapy, trauma and moving away from shame through connecting with the body's wisdom. PLUS a BONUS meditation!
Please join me as I speak with the passionate Tracy Brown of Florida, USA. Tracy is a registered dietitian, eating disorder specialist, body image and attuned eating coach who also specialises in the unique practice of somatic nutrition therapy. Here Tracy shares:
- The bigger scope; leading clients to trust their bodies for life
- Importance of attunement and mindful presence in nutritional practice
- Being comfortable with mess; the art of knowing when to use cognitive and counselling/mindful skills
- Client journey and recovery; importance of patience, non-judgment, compassion,helping them feel seen and heard
- Diet-culture in practice; using it to reprogramme and show clients they have a power and choice – they are in charge!
- Trauma; introduction to Big T’s and Little T’s
- An introduction to somatic nutrition therapy; things getting stuck in the nervous system - a transformation of neural pathways, not just strategies for coping
- Recognising client needs and what they are ready for; making their choices okay for them by building safety
- Shame; how it arrives, recognising it, sitting with it and bringing it out in the open for healing
- Her new project and leads us in a meditation to help us find our centre to increase worthiness
Connect with Tracy:
Find out more about Tracy here