Very recently graduated Dietitian Darcy Jongebloed on what it’s like being a dietetic student from a HAES/non-diet perspective, and looking at the evolution of Non Diet practice through the lens of Transtheoretical Models.
Here Darcy shares;
- How she first heard about HAES and non-diet approach.
- The opportunities she has had whilst on placement and during her studies to learn more about the human experience and apply HAES/non-diet.
- Developing a helpful resource, derived from the Transtheoretical model of behaviour change (Prochaska & DiClemente, 1983) to help support fellow student dietitians/nutritionists.
- How the ‘stages of change’ may sound for those new to HAES/non-diet; students, professionals and clients.
- Some words of wisdom for other dietetic students
You can follow Darcy on Instagram at @darcythedietitian